Yay! The honeymoon!! You may be a little more excited about the trip than your actually wedding day and that’s okay! I hear this more often than not, and while you definitely should be excited about both; I definitely understand why you are looking forward to laying in the sun on the beach next to your cute spouse 🙂
- Hire an amazing travel agent! I could tell you one million reasons as to why you need one, but I’ll keep it short and sweet by saying they’re lifesavers! Travel agents will make sure you’re cared for and if something were to go wrong (such as a missed flight) they can help you out quicker than you could ever imagine! Travel agents also have insider knowledge on deals, discounts, and personal relationships with certain places which can sometimes mean a room’s suddenly available in a fully booked hotel. They also save you endless research time and can offer first-hand destination knowledge, they’re great!!
- Choose a place both you and your spouse want to go! Even before you begin planning your honeymoon, you’ll want to have a discussion about what kind of trip you want to take. Are you looking for a tropical place, mountainous, or a big city?
- Do your research. Set a budget and try your best to stick to it! Let your travel agent know your budget that way they can assist you with destinations within your price range. Once they send you options, research them and make sure it’s everything you and your spouse wanted! I always read reviews on trip advisor/blogs and find out as many tips/tricks I can to make our stay even better! It’s a great resource!
- Check the weather/season of your destination! Before committing to a destination, it’s important to make sure you aren’t going to a place where it’s prime hurricane season or rainy season. Yes, Mother Nature can always have other plans, however, it’s best to try to plan ahead!
- Book your honeymoon well in advance and don’t put it off until the end! Planning the honeymoon was a great way to reduce my wedding planning stress because it had me looking forward to relaxing, soaking in the sun, and spending quality time with my hubby! I recommend booking ASAP because you typically get better deals the sooner you book it!
- Have fun! Un-plug, relax, and enjoy! Don’t let the planning process stress you out too much and focus on what matters most celebrating this amazing occasion with your new spouse!
- Brian’s tip: Book an excursion/activity that you’ve never done! Get out of your comfort zone and try something new! Snorkel with string rays or hike a mountain – it’s always great to challenge yourself!
- Brian’s tip: Plan a surprise for your spouse! Book all of the expensive excursion stuff together, but don’t forget to do something special for each other! Plan a candlelit dinner or book a massage. The hardest part is keeping it a surprise!!